On Page Seo Technique & checklist
What is On Page SEO Optimization?
On Page SEO is one of the most beneficial ways to make your
website relevant by considering all the elements which directly effect on your
website or a web page in natural search results and improve its ranking in
search result. It is done in the codes of the website or backend.
The On Page SEO factors include –
1. Technical excellence;
2. Excellent user experience;
3. User-friendly website or webpage;
4. Awesome contents
On Page Advanced SEO Tools
1. KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOLS
- Keywords are the most essential elements of the website which has a profound impact on the overall performance of website for On Page SEO. Therefore the listing of the right keywords shouldn’t rely on single SEO tools. Some of the On Page SEO tools to be considered for Keyword research are:
2. Content Writing Help Tools
The content for On Page SEO of the website should not be irrelevant, cheap or copied but should be useful, appropriate and understandable to the user in order to receive more traffic. Some of the On Page SEO tools will assist you in developing your content:
iv. Anchor Text Over Optimization Tool
v. Convert Word Documents to Clean HTML
3. Technical Tools-
These are the tools which help you to improve HTML formats, checking data structure, quickly analyzes, audits and review a site for an SEO perspective. Even these tools check the speed of website for different search engines for better On Page SEO. These On Page SEO tools are as follows:
i. Xenu’s Link Sleuth
ii. Robots.txt Generator
iii. Robots.txt Checker
iv. URI Valet
v. Microsoft Free SEO
vi. Image SEO Tool
ON Page SEO Optimization Techniques:
Content is the king when it comes to On page Seo
(Title, Description and Headings)
Most of the latest and best On Page SEO techniques to double your Website traffic and create a huge impact on Page ability to boost up your rank:
Content is the king of the website, a good content can achieve more traffic with or without SEO. Although a website with or without SEO cannot survive. But a good content website with SEO can work even better with On Page SEO.
Content must be original: The content shouldn’t be copied from anywhere existing sites. All the content- text, articles, images, presentation, comments, etc. must be original of your own.
Content should be useful: Don’t post any irrelevant content just to fill the gap. It should be double check twice until you get what added value to your website. You should write the best Article that covers all the details of the topic. A good content of 2000 words or longer is getting more share, links and better ranking.
Well researched content: Users don’t want to read fake or quick made content, it should be based on the researched data with proof to make it effective.
The inclusion of LSI keywords and grammatical perfection: The Latent Semantic Keywords (LSI) are the synonym-keywords which are different in spelling but are same in sense and are directly related to your page in a logical manner. The keywords help the bots of google search engines and others what the page is all about. The grammatical mistakes and punctuation also withdraw the attention of searcher and search engines and decrease your positive impression about the content.
Contents length: The content should be what customer needed, it should be long enough to carry as more information as much the viewer needed. The longer content contains more LSI keywords which directed your page to search easily because of different added synonym words and consider your website as a better result for the specific content. The minimum words should the content possess is 1890 words is considered the best On Page SEO technique.
The proven search results say that the longer articles get more attention
2. Page Title, Description and Organization –
The title is the second most important On Page SEO factor after Content. The title of each page is unique and should added keywords to them properly. Research says that the titles including keywords for which you want to rank the site. The suitably added keyword title force the google algorithm to concentrate to identify the webpage is all about. Also helps in adding the title in the top of the SERP result which increases site traffic by considering it as best result for the viewers and engines too.
Keywords added to the title should be closer, in the beginning, to consider as the best result.
The title should be kept under 60 characters because the google displays the first 50-60 characters only. And an under 60 characters title get at least 90% more ranking than long titles.
Description: Meta Description is a tag in HTML format contains the summary of your page’s content. Whenever the searchers explored for any phrase, then search engine displays the description in the search engines results which includes the same phrase. This is considered as the best On Page SEO tools for SERP and an opportunity of representing your website to attract the searchers to get in.
The minimum characters should be kept in the description of a page should be between 130-150 characters unique for each page.
Organizing the content or Formatting
A webpage of a website must be accurately structured and formatted in a manner for trouble less readability.
To format your structure:
- The main heading of the page must be wrapped in H1 tag and the H2, H3 & H4 are followed for further subheadings.
- The important part or word of the content should be Bold, Italic or Underlined.
- Along with formatting, the text sizes should also be kept in mind and similar for whole content as 12px.
The tags and formats tell the google that the main heading is what the content about and detailed explanations are done in following subheadings and bold sub-titles.
3. Structured URL
URL stands for Universal Resource Locator and is commonly called web
Address describes the location of the webpage (resource) on the internet. If the searched webpage lost by mistake then it also gives a way to regain the page with the help of protocols, few protocols are HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, etc
For a pleasant structure of URL, must follow these:
4. Image and Video Optimization
- Images and Videos added to the website should be relevant to the given title and content. Also, the relevant Caption or alt text added to the image or videos.
- The images provided on the website should be original, because if the existing image from the internet is provided, then the link to that website will add to your webpage.
- For image SEO, a descriptive name is provided to the images, other than clicked image name such as DCIM01.
- The Alt text of an image or an Alternative text to images or videos read by the Google algorithm to read about the image. It is the best for displaying your image on the google searches with the help of alt tags.
5. Build Internal Links
- Linking the Pages helps in navigating the website.
- The main aim of On Page SEO linking is to help viewer and Search engines to go deeper into the required specific content.
- To navigate the searchers and search engines to explore the pages of your website that has not been discovered yet.
- Therefore, spreading equity to all Pages around the website to rank up.
- To describe the search engine, which pages of your website are important?
- A great way to guide interested reader to go in detail after the overview without any confusion. So, that the reader spends more time on your website with interest.
6. User Friendly Website
The speed of the website does matter for the ranking and SEO for your website. As Google is working day by day to create a fast web server, for this process it is analyzing the sites and forcing the owners to increase their website speed by adding it as a main factor for site ranking.
Most viewers’ expectation for the loading time should be 2 sec and if it went up to 3 seconds, the users get negative experience from the website. So, merely milliseconds of delay can cost you enough to reduce your site influence
How to increase Site speed
- Increase your site speed with CDN
- Use Catching plugins to clear the catches which reduce your site speed like super cache.
- Use lightweight WordPress themes instead of fancy themes to attract customers which eventually never use.
- Use light images
- Choose the fast hosting web server for greater performance.
Mobile Friendly: About 60% of the searchers are using mobile to visit any site on Google. Therefore, if your website is not mobile friendly, then more than half of the customers you will lose
Make sure to make your website mobile friendly and the pages should be customized. So, that they could easily open in mobile browsers like mobile accelerated pages.
- External Links provide additional information to the readers from the other site of similar content.
- External links help to increase the traffic of your website by increasing its visibility thus external link is an important tool for Googles’ search engine algorithm.
- External links on your website also increase the authority of your page by giving the reference to valuable and popular pages
Must note that the external link basically works on the quality and quantity of the linked page, if relevant and important content page is linked, then it increases your site credibility otherwise poor quality links can adversely affect your website